Please see the Migrate to the new IXON Cloud article for information about migrating from the old IXON Cloud (connect.ixon.cloud) to the new IXON Cloud (portal.ixon.cloud). This article instead focuses on migrating a single device as an alternative to the migration wizard in the above support article.
What will (not) be migrated?
Not everything in the IXrouter configuration will be migrated. Below you'll find an overview.
|Will NOT be transferred||Will be transferred|
Get the device ID and key
To migrate a device, you are going to need the device ID and device key.
- Open the old IXON Cloud (connect.ixon.cloud).
- Go to the company where the device is currently registered.
- You can switch to another company by clicking your name in the top left corner and selecting Switch company.
- In the left menu, go to Devices and click on your device.
- Go to the Info tab and copy the device's serial number (e.g. 16055013). This is the device ID.
- In case of an IXagent, copy the MAC address instead (e.g. C0:D3:91:31:47:A1).
- In the top right corner, open more options, and select Device key.
- Click on Generate and copy the device key.
Migrate the device
Now that you have a device ID and device key, you can migrate the device to the new IXON Cloud.
- Open the new IXON Cloud (portal.ixon.cloud).
- Go to the company where the device needs to be migrated to.
- You can switch to another company by opening the account menu in the top right corner and selecting Switch company.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Tools and click on Transfer device.
- Enter the previously copied device ID and device key and click on Transfer device.
The device has now been migrated to the new IXON Cloud and is no longer available in the old IXON Cloud.
Error "not found"If you see error "not found" or "device not found" at the bottom of your screen, try using the MAC address instead of the serial number as the device ID.