This article will help you to remotely connect to your Lenze device using the IXplatform to set up a secure remote connection.
The prerequisites for this guide are
- Lenze industrial hardware (equipped with Ethernet). The device used in this guide is a Controller 3200 C from Lenze.
- SD card and SD card reader to configure your Lenze controller
- IXrouter registered to your company on the IXplatform (view our IXrouter registration guide)
- IXplatform account (view our getting started guide)
The following chapters will show you how to connect to your Lenze device:
Configure your Lenze controller
This chapter shows how to easily configure your Lenze controller for remote access.
- Open a simple text editor program (i.e. Notepad).
- Type the controller’s IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway into the newly opened file. An example is given below. The IP address needs to share the subnet of your IXrouter but cannot match their exact IP address. The subnet could for example be "192.168.140", meaning the last figure ".1" can vary anywhere from 1 to 254 as long as it's different from the IXrouter. The subnet mask needs to be the same as the IXrouter, which is usually 255.255.255.0. The (default) gateway should be set to the IP address of the IXrouter.
- Save the file as “ip.txt” onto the SD card (root directory) using a card reader.
- Insert the SD card into the Lenze controller. Then (re)boot the controller. During the boot sequence the controller uses the “ip.txt” file to configure itself.
ConfiguredYour Lenze controller is now ready for remote access.
Remotely connect to your Lenze controller
The following steps require you to be connected to your IXrouter. View our getting started guide for more information.
This chapter shows you how to connect to your Lenze controller using L-force PLC Designer v3.10.0.
- Once you have L-force PLC Designer open, double-click on [Device] in the devices pane on the left.
- Now open the [Communication Settings] tab.
- If there is already a gateway present, go to the next step. If not, click on [Add gateway…] on the right and press [OK] in the pop-up.
- Right-click on [Gateway] as depicted below and select [Add Device…].
- Enter the IP address of your Lenze controller en press [OK].
- You need to set the added device as your Active Path.
- Now you can go online via [Online] > [Login].
ConnectedOnce you've followed the instructions, you've remotely accessed your device – easy and secure!