You can easily transfer a device from one company (source) to another (destination), online, without the need to remove or re-register the device.
Required permissionYou require the permission "Manage devices" in both companies. Without it, you won't be able to generate the required key in the source company or transfer the device to the destination company.
Cloud Logging active?If Cloud Logging is active on the concerning device, you'll need to:
Transferring a device requires you to have a device ID and device key. We'll show you where you can find these.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, and note the device ID. The device ID is the device's serial number, the number starting with "160" or "170", which can also be read from the label on the side of the IXrouter.
The device key is a validation key that needs to be generated.
- Press [∙∙∙] in the top right corner, select [Device key], press [Generate], and copy the device key.
Now that you have the required information, you can switch to the destination company to effectively transfer the device.
- Go to the account menu, press [Switch company], and select the destination company.
- Go to [Tools] in the main menuand press [Transfer device].
- Enter the device IDand device keyyou noted before and press [Transfer].
TransferredThe device has now successfully been transferred to the destination company and is no longer listed at the source company.