When your PLC, HMI, or other hardware runs an HTTP or HTTPS server, you can access it without requiring a VPN connection. With your IXON account you can quickly access the HTTP or HTTPS server on any mobile and desktop device with an internet connection. The next steps show you how to set up an HTTP or HTTPS service.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, open its [Services] tab, and press the [Add service] button .
- Enter a nameand IP addressfor the PLC, HMI, or other hardware, and press [Next].
IXagent IP addressAre you using an IXagent and is the IXagent running on the HTTP device? Then simply leave the IP address field empty and continue.
- Select your service type: [HTTP server].
- Name the service. The protocol, port number, and default landing pageare pre-filled, based on standard use cases (i.e. port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS traffic), but can be changed if necessary. Press [Add].
- Finally, press [Push changes]in the config tab to complete the setup.
You can use your newly added HTTP service once the device is back online.
- Open its [Info] taband press the HTTP service name you enteredto open the HTTP service.
All set upNow you're all set up to easily access your PLC's HTTP server.