When your PLC, HMI, or other hardware runs a WebSocket (WS) server, you can access it without requiring a VPN connection. With your IXON account you can access the WebSocket server from any device that is running an app with a WebSocket client.
Login supportThe app running the WebSocket client also needs to support the option for you to log in to your IXON account and select a company, agent (device), and service (WebSocket).
The IXON server will act as a proxy for the WebSocket connection between your device, that is running a WebSocket client, and the device on which the WebSocket server is running. The next steps show you how to set up a WS service.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, open its [Services] tab, and press the [Add service] button .
- Enter a nameand IP addressfor the PLC, HMI, or other hardware, and press [Next].
- Select your service type: [WS server].
- Name the service. The protocoland port numberare pre-filled, based on standard use cases, but can be changed if necessary. Press [Add].
- Finally, press [Push changes]in the config tab to complete the setup.
WS service addedYou can use your newly added WS service once the device is back online. You can connect to your WebSocket server using an app that includes a WebSocket client. This app also needs to support the option for you to log in to your IXON account and select a company, agent (device), and service (WebSocket). The IXON server will act as a proxy for the WebSocket connection.