IXON understands how important branding and customer loyalty is. This is why you have the option to white label the IXON Cloud, applying your custom brand, and essentially making it your very own IoT platform.
We distinguish between two levels of custom branding: basic and premium branding. Basic branding enables you to apply your corporate identity (company logo, color scheme etc.) to the IXON Cloud. Additionally, premium branding enables you to set a custom URL and support/contact information, making it possible for you to market our service as your own.
Basic branding is by default included in your company account and enables you to set your own company name, branding name, logo, favicon, touch icon, and color scheme. These changes apply to every page of the IXON Cloud and to every e-mail that will be sent, like a company invite e-mail.
Set up your branding
The company name is first set when a company account is created. If necessary, it can be changed as follows:
- Go to the account menu, press [My company], and press the pencilin the “Info” section to edit the company name.
Setting up your own branding name, logo, favicon, touch icon, and colorscheme can be done as follows:
- Go to the account menu, press [My company], and press the pencilin the “Branding” section.
Here you can edit the branding name, primary/accent color, and upload a logo, favicon, and touch icon.
Touch iconThe touch icon is the icon you see on your smartphone device when you bookmark a web page to your home screen, as depicted in the very first image of this article.
Image requirementsImages up to 10MB can be uploaded. The following formats are supported: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .tiff, .ico.
- Changes will be applied when you press [Confirm].
Premium branding enables additional branding options, essentially making it your very own IoT platform. You can set your own custom IXON Cloud URL, for which we'll automatically generate the necessary SSL certificate. Additionally, you'll also be able to set your own contact or support information, making it easier for your customers to contact you.
You'll first have to purchase and activate the premium branding feature before you can use it.
- Go to the account menu> [My company]and press [Activate]in the "Premium branding" section.
You can activate premium branding via activation code, purchasable by sending a purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org (this enables you to add a project specific reference to your order), or via payment, our automated system will then send an invoice to the e-mail address you entered on the [Billing] page.
- Press either [Use activation code] > [Confirm], to use a purchased activation code, or [Purchase and activate] > [Confirm], to have our automated system send an invoice.
ActivatedNow that you've activated premium branding, you can continue the steps below.
Custom domain name
After you've purchased and activated premium branding, a new section "Custom domain name" will appear. Here you can set your own custom IXON Cloud URL, or "domain", for which we'll automatically generate the necessary SSL certificate.
- Go to the account menu> [My company]and press the pencilin the "Custom domain name" section.
- Enter your desired domain name . This needs to be a subdomain (i.e. insight.yourcompany.com, not just yourcompany.com).
- You or your hosting provider will have to add a CNAME record to your DNS. Exact details about this record will be provided in the pop-up screen.
- Press [Validate]to check if the CNAME record is added properly.
Domain has no CNAME specifiedValidation response "Domain has no CNAME specified" means that the CNAME record has not yet been created. Check the CNAME record for typing errors or contact your hosting provider.
- Press [Confirm]to finish the setup.
Custom contact details
The support page, accessible via [Support] from the main menu, displays IXON's contact information by default. After you've purchased and activated premium branding, you can set your own contact or support information, making it easier for your customers to contact you.
- Go to the account menu> [My company]and press the pencilin the "Custom support" section.
- You can add as many links as you prefer. You can edit the icon, link text, link subtext, and URL.
- Press [Confirm] to save your changes.
You can view your custom contact information by pressing [Support] in the main menu.