This guide will help you in connecting to your device using the IXplatform to set up a secure remote connection.
The prerequisites for this guide are
Configure your device
You need to configure the device's IP address, subnet mask and (default) gateway. Make sure that the IP address is in the same range as the IXrouter and the (default) gateway is set to the IP address of the IXrouter. The subnet mask needs to be the same as the IXrouter, which is usually 255.255.255.0.
The exact configuration varies per device. We have several connection guides explaining this in detail:
- Configure your Sigmatek controller
- Configure your Siemens controller
- Configure your Lenze controller
- Configure your B&R controller
Remotely connect to your device
Connect to your IXrouter
The following steps require you to be connected to your IXrouter. View our getting started guide for more information.
You have configured your device and are now connected to your IXrouter. This means you can now connect to you device via the corresponding development software.
Connect via the development software
The exact steps vary per device. We have several guides explaining this in detail:
- Remotely connect to your Sigmatek controller
- Remotely connect to your Siemens controller
- Remotely connect to your Lenze controller
- Remotely connect to your B&R controller
If your device is not listed, please contact the manufacturer for instructions.
ConnectedOnce you've followed the instructions, you've remotely accessed your device – easy and secure!