- Kuhnke Scout 705
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Kuhnke Scout 705 directly to the IXplatform using the IXagent, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the IXrouter, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
Install the IXagent
- Kuhnke Scout 705
- IXagent package (available upon request)
- IXplatform account (view our getting started guide)
Contact us and request the necessary IXagent package for the Kuhnke Scout 705 before you proceed.
- Transfer the IXagent package (ixagent_scout_705.CAB) to your device. You can do this by using a USB flash drive.
- On the Scout 705, navigate to the CAB file and run it by double-clicking on it.
The installer will open a window where you can specify the installation folder.
- Press [OK] to start the installation. All required files will be transferred to the installation folder and all necessary registry keys will be written.
Store registry changes
After the installation is complete, the changes made to the device's registry have to be stored to make them persist on a device restart.
- Go to [Start] > [Programs] > [Kuk_tools] and open KuK Tools.
- Open the [Registry+SoftReset] tab and press [Store] in the Permanent Registry section, to make the changes to the device's registry permanent.
Register and activate your device
You need to know your company ID before you can execute this next step. You can find your company ID by going to the account menuand pressing [My company]. Take a look at our getting started guide if you don't have an account yet.
First reboot your device to allow the registry changes to take effect.
- Reboot your device.
You should notice a new network icon in the system tray.
- Verify that this network is registered as TAP IXON by double-clicking it. This means that the installation was successful.
On device start-up, IXagent will also automatically start and you are shown the initial registration screen. Register your IXagent.
- Enter your company ID and press [Register Device].
- Confirm the company name. If the company name is correct, press [Yes].
The IXagent application will register the device to the IXplatform and will automatically set up a secure VPN connection. You can uncheck the Auto connect button if you wish to manually start the VPN connection every time.
Lastly, you'll have to activate the newly registered IXagent on the IXplatform.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu. You should now see a yellow bar saying "New device". Press [∙∙∙]and select [Activate]. You'll be prompted to enter a name and asked to pay a one-time activation fee.