- Kuhnke FIO 113
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Kuhnke FIO 113 directly to the IXplatform using the IXagent, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
Prepare the IXagent package
- Kuhnke FIO 113
- IXagent package (available upon request)
- IXplatform account (view our getting started guide)
Contact us and request the necessary IXagent package for the Kuhnke FIO 113. Additionally, you need to know your company ID before you can execute this next step. You can find your company ID by going to the account menuand pressing [My company]. Take a look at our getting started guide if you don't have an account yet.
Prepare the IXagent packages to have the IXagent register to your company specifically.
- Open the received IXagent package (ixagent_fio_113.zip) and unzip it. You will find six files:
The user.conf file is used to register and unregister your device on the IXplatform.
- Open user.conf with a text editor (i.e. Notepad).
- Add you company ID to the file by searching for the following line of code (line #20 in the file):
- Change it to the following line of code, where you replace <company-id> with your company ID.
UncommentingLines starting with the character ; are ignored when starting the IXagent application. Make sure that this character is not present on the lines you wish to execute.
See the image below for an example of how this file will look.
- Save the file and close the text editor.
UnregisteringThe user.conf file can also be used to unregister your device from the IXplatform. To do this, delete or comment out (by starting the line with a ;) all lines except for the line that says unregister. After the IXagent application restarts, your device will be unregistered.
Transfer the IXagent package
Installation directoryIf you wish to change the default installation directory (/SdMemory/ixagent/), open the file RegAdd.ini in a text editor. There, edit all values that contain /sdmemory/ixagent/ and change them to a directory of your choice. Save the file and continue with the steps below, but transfer all the files to the new directory instead of the default directory.
Now that the IXagent package has been prepared, the files can be transferred to the Kuhnke FIO 113.
- Transfer all six files, including the edited user.conf, to a USB flash drive and insert it in the Kuhnke FIO 113.
- Restart the Controller by holding the [S/R] button down and releasing it after 5 seconds. When the device restarts, the registry keys, as specified in the RegAdd.ini file, will be created and stored.
- After the reboot, log in to the device via its TelNet server to enter the device's terminal.
- Create a new directory called ixagent in the folder /SdMemory/ by running the following command:
- Copy all the files from the USB flash drive to this new folder by executing this following command:
copy "\Hard disk\*" "\sdmemory\ixagent\"
- Remove the USB flash drive and restart the controller again by holding down the [S/R] button and releasing it after 5 seconds.
Register and activate the device
A new virtual TAP adapter is added and the IXagent should be running. Before we register and activate your device on the IXplatform, we verify the TAP adapter and proper configuration of the IXagent.
- Verify that the registry changes were successful by executing:
If successful, you should see a new TAP device named TAP IXON in the output.
- Verify that the IXagent application has been successfully configured to autostart after reboot. Execute the following command:
In the output, you should see a process named ixagent.exe.
If the TAP device is present and ixagent.exe is running, your device will automatically register itself to the IXplatform. Lastly, you'll have to activate the newly registered IXagent on the IXplatform.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu. You should now see a yellow bar saying "New device". Press [∙∙∙], and select [Activate]. You'll be prompted to enter a name and asked to pay a one-time activation fee.