IXrouter Wi-Fi models can both connect to the IXON Cloud via a Wi-Fi network and function as a local Wi-Fi hotspot. This article will explain how to activate the hotspot.
The Wi-Fi hotspot can be used to:
- Wirelessly access your machine while you are on-site, walking around your machine.
- Wirelessly access the internet while you are on-site (requires Allow access to internet).
- Wirelessly connect machine components.
The next steps show you how to enable the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- In the left menu, go to Network > LAN.
- Under Wi-Fi hotspot, tick the box Enable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Enter a Network name (SSID), a Password, select a channel, and click Confirm changes.
- If the IXrouter is also connected to a Wi-Fi network for internet, the Wi-Fi hotspot will use the same channel as that Wi-Fi network instead of the selected channel.
You have now made the changes in the IXON Cloud, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
Temporary disconnectAfter this next step, the config push, the device may temporarily disconnect and LAN communication may be temporarily interrupted while it's applying the new settings. This only takes a moment.
- Click on Push config to device in the top right corner.