Log triggers are part of the overarching features Historical data en Datalogging to MQTT broker. With log triggers you can create custom triggers to log data on. Useful to log data at machine-specific events. For example when a certain temperature has been exceeded, an error occurred, or when a product leaves a conveyor.
When the trigger condition is met, all tags that use this trigger are logged once. The tags will be logged again, once, the next time the trigger condition becomes true. Meaning the trigger condition first needs to become false. In the example above the tags are logged when the temperature exceeds 60°C, which happens twice.
Add log triggers
Add a log trigger for every unique trigger moment. Note that you can use the same log trigger for multiple tags to log them all at the same moment.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- Under your Data source, go to Log triggers and click onAdd trigger.
- Enter the requested information (details below) and click on Add.
Field Description Name Enter a name for the log trigger. Variable Select the variable you want to use for this log trigger. Condition The condition is the first part of the trigger condition. When the selected variable meets the trigger condition, all tags that use this log trigger will be logged once. Threshold The threshold is the second part of the trigger condition. When the selected variable meets the trigger condition, all tags that use this log trigger will be logged once. Description (optional) Add a description for the log trigger.
- Repeat step 2 for every log trigger you want to add or click Import from CSV-file near the top right corner to add log triggers in bulk instead.
- The log triggers can now be used in the configuration of tags. Click below to continue in the feature specific article.