If you still are using the old IXON Cloud platform, you can migrate your company to the new IXON Cloud. This article explains how you can easily migrate, and enjoy all benefits of the new IXON Cloud. The easiest way to migrate your company is by using the IXON Migration Wizard.
Please use the links below for easy navigation:
How to use the migration wizard?
The new IXON Cloud has a new and improved user management system. For a smooth migration, we recommend reading our article: User management explained.
For the easiest possible migration, you can use the IXON migration wizard. We advise you to start small and migrate one device and a couple of users first, to understand the process. Please follow the steps described below to migrate to the new IXON Cloud using the IXON Migration wizard:
- Open the IXON Cloud Migration Wizard, and read the introduction test, click on [next].
- Select the source company you want migrate and select the target company you want to migrate to. If you haven't made a company in the new IXON Cloud you can select [Create a new company].
- Click on [next].
- Select the devices you want to migrate. Add them to a group if you want to use groups. You can create new groups if you haven't already.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected devices, then click on [next].
- Select the users you want to migrate. Assign the user to a role and if you want to use groups, assign them to a group as well. Select [delete from source company] if you don't want to keep the user in the source company.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected users, then click on [next].
- Clean up the devices and users left in the company and [Delete source company] if you don't want to keep using the old platform.
You have now successfully migrated you company to the new IXON Cloud. You can now enjoy the benefits of the new IXON Cloud.
What will be migrated?
When migrating a device, all settings like a VNC, HTTP or WebSocket Service and a data source for Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify will be transferred. You have to create new pages with data-logging components if you were using dashboards in the old platform.
The migration of sub-companies
If you were using sub-companies in the old platform, you can replace these sub-companies with groups. To do this, you have to migrate every sub-company as different source company to the same target company using the IXON Migration Wizard. You can add all devices of a certain sub-company to a dedicated group for that sub-company.
When migrating users from a sub-company you can easily assign them to a group-specific role and add them to that group. The default role customer is perfect for this, and requires no set-up.