The IXrouter enables you to remotely connect to your UR robot, allowing for an easy and quick way to securely access your UR robot from anywhere. This means you can access and do everything you would otherwise have to be on location for. In addition to remote access the IXrouter also provides features like Cloud Logging (data logging) and Cloud Notify (alarming), giving you the option to view and analyze your machine data and always be kept up-to-date about important machine events.
To get started, you'll need an IXrouter and an account on the IXON Cloud.
The IXrouter is available in several variations. Each one offers a different way to connect to the cloud in addition to a default wired connection:
Each variant comes with life-long IXON Cloud usage and its features, the option to activate Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify, as well as free technical support.
More infoDetails and technical specifications can be found here.
Create an IXON Cloud account
You can easily create your personal account on connect.ixon.cloud by pressing register at the bottom of the login page. A company account will automatically be created where you will be able to register your IXrouters.
More infoStep by step instructions can be found here.
Register the IXrouter
Now that you have an account, you can create a configuration file that will tell the IXrouter how to connect (i.e. via Ethernet cable, Wi-Fi etc.).
- Go to [Tools] in the left menu and press [Start configuration]. Simply follow the steps and download the configuration file.
- Load the configuration file into the IXrouter by copying the ixrouter.conf file onto a USB flash drive and placing it in the IXrouter. The IXrouter will do the rest and automatically register under your company.
- Once registered, you can activate it.
More infoDetails and step by step instructions can be found here.
IXrouter activatedYou can now connect to your UR robot or continue the steps below.
Install a VNC server
- Other series with a CB3.0/CB3.1 controller
The "IXON connector" URCap will add a VNC server to your UR robot, enabling you to remotely view and control your UR robot's HMI.
- Contact us for the "IXON connector" URCap and install it.
- Go to the "IXON connector" URCap installation page and enter a VNC server password with a recommended length of 6-8 characters.
View onlyThe "view-only" password enables a connection that only allows users to view, not control, the HMI. This functionality will be disabled when you leave this password field empty.
- Enable auto-start on startup.
- Press [Start] to effectively start the VNC server.
VNC server is running
Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify
Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify enable you to view and analyze your machine data and always be kept up-to-date about important machine events.
- Create a Modbus TCP/IP data source in the IXrouter's [Services] tab and add the variables you'd like to log or be notified about.
- Open the Cloud Logging or Cloud Notify app in the [Apps] tab and configure what you'd like to log or be notified about.
Note that you will have to sync (top right corner) any changes you make.
Cloud Logging startedYou can visualize your data in customizable dashboards.