Supported OS versions
- Windows 7 or higher (32-bits or 64-bits)
Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify support
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Windows PC directly to the IXplatform using the IXagent, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the IXrouter, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
- PC running Windows 7 or higher
- IXagent installer (available upon request)
- IXplatform account (view our getting started guide)
Make sure you have all the above availabe to you and that the PC has an internet connection.
Install the IXagent
Contact us and request the IXagent installer for Windows if you haven't already.
- Run the IXagent installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Register and activate the IXagent
You need to know your company ID before you can execute this next step. You can find your company ID by going to the account menu, pressing [My company], and you can copy the company ID to your clipboard to prevent writing errors. Take a look at our getting started guide if you don't have an account yet.
Now that you have your company ID, you can register your IXagent.
- Open Command Prompt.
Command promptSimultaneously press the windows key and R to open the Run window. Enter "cmd" to open command prompt.
- Go to the correct directory by executing the following command:
cd C:\Program Files\IXON\IXagent
- Register the IXagent with the following command, where you replace <company-id> with the ID of the company where you want to register the IXagent.
ixagent.exe —-register <company-id>
The IXagent application will register the device to the IXplatform and will automatically set up a secure VPN connection. Lastly, you'll have to activate the newly registered IXagent on the IXplatform.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu. You should now see a yellow bar saying "New device". Press [∙∙∙]and select [Activate]. You'll be prompted to enter a name and asked to pay a one-time activation fee.