Use the links below for easy navigation:
- What is Cloud Notify?
- How can I activate a Cloud Notify license?
- How do I use Cloud Notify?
- How do I use Cloud Notify to send e-mails from my PLC/HMI?
- How is Cloud Notify invoiced?
- How do I deactivate Cloud Notify on a device?
What is Cloud Notify?
Cloud Notify is a revolutionary method to easily receive notifications from your machine(s) in a robust and safe way. Alarms and notifications can now be configured remotely in just a fraction of your time without hassling with connectivity issues, time consuming on-site configurations or difficult integrations. Whether your machine has a malfunction, is short on supply or it’s job has been finished, you and other interested parties can remotely get informed to act instantly without worrying to miss out on important machine events.
How does it work?
How can I activate a Cloud Notify license?
Take a look at the following article: Activate or try Cloud Notify 30 days for free.
How do I use Cloud Notify?
Follow these next few steps to get your Cloud Notify all set up.
- Step 1: Activate Cloud Notify (or start the 30 day free trial).
- Step 2: Set up a data source. Here you select (1) your communication protocol (i.e. Modbus) and (2) add the variables that you’re interested in.
Already have a data source?If you’ve already created a data source for Cloud Logging, you can use that same data source for Cloud Notify.
- Step 3: Set up alarms. Here you set up your alarms. An alarm is based on a variable, which you added in step 1, and the condition that you define for the alarm to trigger.
- Step 4: Set alarm receivers. You can determine who gets notified about which alarms, depending on the severity of the alarms.
How do I use Cloud Notify to send e-mails from my PLC/HMI?
You can send e-mails directly from the PLC/HMI if you are using a public SMTP server. All you need to configure in the IXON Cloud is to give access to the internet. You'll also need to configure the PLC/HMI itself. Contact your mailing provider for those details.
If you have no public SMTP server available, or perhaps the PLC/HMI does not support the public SMTP server's security requirements, then you can use Cloud Notify to still receive e-mails from your PLC/HMI. Simply follow the steps explained at "How do I use Cloud Notify?" and at step 1 you'll want to specifically add an SMTP data source.
How is Cloud Notify invoiced?
Cloud Notify is a one time purchase for a lifetime license and is automatically invoiced using the contact information you entered on the [Billing] page.
How do I deactivate Cloud Notify on a device?
The license for Cloud Notify is a lifetime license and can not be deactivated or moved to another device. However, in case you wish to no longer use the license, you can change the alarm receivers such that you, and other users, are no longer notified about alarms.