|Latest version||Supported devices||Cloud Logging & Notify|
|Phoenix Contact PLCnext||Modbus
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your PLCnext directly to the IXON Cloud, using the IXON Cloud Connector, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the IXrouter, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
- Preparation: enable your PLCnext
- Install the IXON Cloud Connector
- Register and activate the IXON Cloud Connector
- Update LAN settings
Make sure you have all the above available to you and that the PLCnext has an internet connection.
In order to use the IXON Cloud Connector, a few settings in the PLCnext will have to be enabled to download and use apps from the PLCnext Store.
- Open your PLCnext's WBM and go to [Configuration].
- Check both [Enable Proficloud Service] and [Enable PLCnext store service].
- Press [Apply].
Install the IXON Cloud Connector
Now that downloading apps from the PLCnext Store has been enabled, you can install the IXON Cloud Connector.
- Log in to the PLCnext Store using your Proficloud account.
- Register your device under your account.
- Download the IXON Cloud Connector to your device and install it.
Register and activate the IXON Cloud Connector
You need to know your company ID before you can execute this next step. You can find your company ID by going to the account menuand pressing [My company]. Take a look at our getting started guide if you don't have an account yet.
Now that you have your company ID, you can register your IXON Cloud Connector.
- Start an SSH client (i.e. PuTTY) and connect to your PLCnext.
- Username: admin
- Password: <visible on the PLCnext's housing>
- Execute the following command.
ixagent-register.sh <your company ID>
Error "command not found"If you get an error "command not found", please include the path as well:
- /opt/plcnext/appshome/bin/ixagent-register.sh <your company ID>
The IXON Cloud Connector will now register the device to the IXON Cloud and will automatically set up a secure VPN connection. Lastly, you will have to activate the newly registered IXON Cloud Connector on the IXON Cloud.
- Go to [Devices]in the main menu. You should now see a yellow bar saying "New device". Press [∙∙∙]and select [Activate]. You'll be asked to enter a name and pay a one-time activation fee.
Update LAN settings
Lastly, we advise you to update the IXON Cloud Connector's online LAN settings to match the local IP address of the PLCnext. This will enable you to remotely connect to your PLCnext using its local IP address.
- Select the device, open its [Config] tab, edit the LAN settings, and enter the local IP address and network mask (by pressing [Show more]) of the PLCnext. There is no need to push these settings.
This configuration is not in sync ...Press [∙∙∙] > [Details] to view the differences. If the only differences are the LAN settings, you can ignore this message. Otherwise, you can push the online changes.