The VPN service, which enables you to establish a VPN connection to your device, is added to each device by default and cannot be removed. You can, however, configure who has full VPN access, who has limited VPN access, or disable the VPN service entirely by switching off the device's VPN connection.
Configure full VPN access
The access category determines who can use the VPN service. More information about access categories can be found here: User management explained.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- In the left menu, under Services, open the VPN connect settings.
- Under Full access, select the appropriate access category to grant full VPN access and click on Confirm changes.
Configure limited VPN access
Limited VPN access is especially useful when your machine is equipped with devices from different suppliers. For commissioning and maintenance reasons, some suppliers may require VPN access to their own devices, but not to devices from other suppliers.
More information and instructions: Limit access to one or more devices over VPN.
Show/hide the VPN button on mobile
On mobile, users mainly connect using the HTTP and VNC services. You may thus choose to hide the VPN connect button in the Portal's device overview (list view only). This makes it just a little easier to access the service that you need to access. Note that users can still set up a VPN connection, if they have VPN permission, by using the VPN Connect component on a Device page.
- Toggle the option Show in device overview on mobile to show or hide the service button.
- Click on Confirm changes.