The WAN (corporate network) and LAN (machine network) side of the IXrouter are separated by the internal firewall. However, you can change the LAN to WAN access rules.
You can allow access to the internet, for example when you are on-site and need to look up manuals or a PLC needs to send e-mails. You can also allow access to the corporate network, for example when a PLC needs to store data on a local FTP server.
The next steps show you how to set these access rules.
- Open the IXON Cloud Fleet Manager, which is accessible via the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different IXON Cloud app.
- Go to Devices in the left menu and select the concerning device.
- Go to Network in the left menu and select the [Firewall] subcategory.
- Go to the LANWAN section and toggle the desired option (details below).
|Allow access to corporate network||All incoming LAN traffic with the corporate network as destination (i.e. any private IP address other than the IXrouter's LAN) will be allowed through the firewall.|
|Allow access to internet||All incoming LAN traffic with the internet as destination (i.e. any public IP address) will be allowed through the firewall.
You do not need to turn on "access to corporate network" for internet access to work.
You have now made the changes in the IXON Cloud, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Click [Push config to device] in the top right corner.
Tip: Wi-Fi hotspot