In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Windows system directly to the IXON Cloud using the IXagent, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the IXrouter, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
If you wish to remotely access more devices than just the Windows system, like an HMI or servo drive, take a look at the IXrouter instead of the IXagent.
Prepare the Windows system
The Windows system needs to be prepared to use the IXagent.
- Make sure that the Windows system has an internet connection.
Install the IXagent
Once the Windows system has an internet connection, you're ready to continue.
- Contact your IXON account manager or IXON distributor and request the Windows IXagent and an IXagent activation license.
- Run the IXagent installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Register and activate the IXagent
To access your machine remotely, you'll need to register and activate the IXagent.
- In the IXON Cloud, go to the Portal.
- Open the account menu in the top right corner and copy the Company ID.
- On the Windows system, open Command Prompt.
- Run the following command to go to the IXagent directory:
cd C:\Program Files\IXON\IXagent
- Register the IXagent to the IXON Cloud. Replace
COMPANY_IDwith your company ID:
ixagent.exe --register COMPANY_ID
The IXagent will now register to the IXON Cloud, where it needs to be activated.
- In the IXON Cloud, go to Fleet Manager > Devices.
- Click on the New device to activate it with your license code. If you do not yet have an IXagent license code, contact your IXON account manager or IXON distributor.
The Windows system is now set up and ready. You can now:
- Connect to your machine using VPN, for access as if you are on-site, or connect to your machine using VNC or HTTP for quicker and easier access.
- Download the mobile app for easy mobile access (Android, iOS).
- Configure what is visible in the Portal using custom Main pages, Device cards, or Device pages and even use custom translations.
- Configure what other users can see and do (User management explained) or invite colleagues or customers (Invite a new user).
- Customize your company branding with custom colors, logo, domain, and more (Configure your company identity).
- Add extra machine information with custom fields for a variety of uses.
- Start using machine data with Live data, Historical data, Alarming, or Reporting.
- Supported protocol(s) are listed at the start of this article.
- And much more ...