Usability is one of the core principles of the IXON Cloud. This is why the IXON Cloud allows you to fully customize the pages that you and your users can see when opening a device in the IXON Cloud Portal app.
You can create as many different pages as you need and add and remove components as you see fit. This way, the users in your company will only see the components that are relevant for them. You can even create your own custom components and manage access to the pages you create for maximal versatility.
When you create a new page, this will be a draft at first. This way you can develop the lay-out of your page thoroughly. When your design is finished, you can publish the draft.
Use the links below for easy navigation.
Create a new device page
Please follow the steps described below to create a new page. If you already have a similar page and you only want to make a few adjustments, u can also choose to duplicate an existing page.
- Go to the IXON Cloud Studio, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different IXON Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Device pages, then press[add new page] in the bottom right corner.
- Fill in in the desired name (identifier for the studio) and title (identifier for the portal), then press [add].
- Click on the name of the page, add components and customise the page appearance. All actions will be saved in a draft version of the page automatically.
- When you are happy with your configuration, Publish the page with one click on the button.
- Confirm by clicking on [Publish page].
Unhappy with your draft?
You can choose to remove your draft by pressing [revert to published version] in the more options menuon the right of the publish button.
Add a page to a device
You can add a page to multiple devices, but you need to make sure that the identifier of the data sources is the same for all the devices you want to add that page to.
To make a page visible for your users, you have to add the page to the devices you want to use the page for. Please follow the steps described below to add a page to a device.
- Under Fleet Manager > Devices > Device > View > Pages, a page can be added to the device. When adding the page you select the desired page, assign an access category, and select a page group (optional).
Edit or remove a page from a device
In the same menu as where you add a page to a device. You can also very easily [re-arrange] or [remove] a page.
Make changes to a device page
Change page appearanceYou can always add or remove components and make other changes to the appearance of a page.
After you published your own page, you can always make changes to the settings of the page and remove the page if you no longer have any use for it. Please follow the steps described below to make changes to a page.
- Go to the IXON Cloud Studio which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different IXON Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Pages, then press [more ] on the right side of the overview page. You now have five options:
- You can choose to remove your draft by pressing [revert to published version].
- You can [Duplicate] the page to use it for different machines with small differences in configuration.
- Choose [Rename] to change the page name. Fill in the new name and press [confirm].
- Choose [Set as default] to make this page the default page that will be added to a new device.
- Choose [Remove] to delete a dashboard. Confirm by clicking on [Remove page].