This setting will not impact the stability of the VPN connection itself (i.e. IXrouter VPN disconnects), but máy positively impact your connection to hardware behind the IXrouter (e.g. PLC, HMI, other) in select situations where this connection is either unstable or slow. The only way to determine whether it positively impacts your specific situation is to simply try it out.
You can set the VPN connection type to TCP or UDP. By default it's set to TCP.
Please follow the steps below to set up UDP as the preferred VPN-connection type:
- Go to the IXON Cloud Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different IXON Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
- Expand the Network options and go to [VPN].
- In the "VPN setup"-section, click on [Edit] next to the connection type.
- Switch to UDP connection and press [Confirm].
The connection type is now changed, but for this to be applied your device will need to re-establish its VPN connection.
- Switch the VPN connection off and then back on.
Configuration completeYou have now changed the VPN connection type, which may positively impact your experience. If it doesn't you can always change it back.