Custom fields are additional properties that you can add to your machine, like its machine type, a download link for a PDF manual, whether there is a service agreement with the end user, or any other machine property you can think of. A custom field's various uses are explained below.
Configure custom fields
- Create new or delete existing custom fields at Admin > Custom fields.
- Custom fields are automatically available on each device.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- In the left menu, go to Info.
- Under General, you'll find all custom fields and can enter or select a value.
Use custom fields
Each custom field can be added to your overview of devices in the Portal (list view only) and Fleet Manager. This enables you to see each device's relevant custom field(s) in a single clear overview. There, you can also use the custom fields to sort and filter your list of devices.
Additionally, each device's custom fields are automatically displayed in the Device Info component that you can add to a Device page and they can also be displayed in a Text Note component using mustache tags. Tip: in a Text Note component you can also make your custom field into a clickable link. Useful to easily open machine manuals or other machine-specific links.