|Latest version||Supported devices||Cloud Logging & Notify|
|Turck TX707, with firmware UN65_TX700_BSP_v1.3.574
(may also work on other Turck PLCs)
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Turck PLC directly to the IXON Cloud using the IXagent, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the IXrouter, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
- IXON Cloud Account
- Turck PLC with an active internet connection. Pinging a public DNS server should give a reply. E.g., by using the command: ping 184.108.40.206
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
Download, install, and start the IXagent
Contact us and request the Turck IXagent package, if you haven't already.
- Unzip the IXagent package.
- Open the PLC's web interface and log in (default username: admin, default password: admin).
- Go to Applications > App Management > Install/Update.
- Browse for the turck-install-package-<version>.zip file and install it.
- Go to Applications and enable the IXagent's autostart there.
Register and activate the IXagent
You need to know your company ID before you can proceed to register your IXagent. You can find yours in the account menu in the top right corner of the IXON Cloud.
- Copy the autoexec.sh file onto a USB stick and open it in your preferred text editor.
- Replace the placeholder company ID with your own company ID. For example:
- Insert the USB stick into the PLC.
The IXagent will now register the device to the IXON Cloud and will automatically set up a secure VPN connection.
You now have to activate the newly registered IXagent in the IXON Cloud.
- In the IXON Cloud, go to Fleet Manager > Devices.
- Click on the New device to activate it with your license code. If you do not yet have an IXagent license code, please contact your IXON account manager or IXON distributor.
Update LAN settings
Lastly, we advise you to update the IXagent's LAN configuration to match the local IP address of your Turck PLC. This will enable you to remotely connect to your Turck PLC using its local IP address.
- Enter the Turck PLC's local IP address at Fleet Manager > Devices > Your device > Network > LAN > Router LAN IP.